Sunday, November 1, 2015

First Photo: November 2015 - Gold Leaves

 
This month starts in beauty and I have no words to add to it as I head out the door to enjoy what sunshine we now enjoy.  I'll let the master of words speak to the season.
 
 
 Gold Leaves
G. K. Chesterton

Lo! I am come to autumn,
When all the leaves are gold;
Grey hairs and golden leaves cry out
The year and I are old.

In youth I sought the prince of men,
Captain in cosmic wars,
Our Titan, even the weeds would show
Defiant, to the stars.

But now a great thing in the street
Seems any human nod,
Where shift in strange democracy
The million masks of God.

In youth I sought the golden flower
Hidden in wood or wold,
But I am come to autumn,
When all the leaves are gold.
 
Taken just one week earlier, on Oct 25th
 
AMDG

3 comments:

  1. Love the leaves! We've had an extra long season with the leaves here, which has been crazy, but pretty. Of course, the best leaves in the mountain are already gone.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was a beautiful, warm day today. Glad you were able to enjoy it.
    I like these first photos of yours even more since I've been to your house and can picture exactly where it was taken. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I never thought of Fall being a time of the year growing old. I love the fall colors as well....but now those beautiful colors are sitting all over my yard waiting to be raked. Thank you for sharing the poem!

    ReplyDelete