Last year we created a Sand Pail List of things to do during the summer. The list was good for that summer only and contained a variety of entertaining options. Some of the items were very specific, Stop for ice cream at the local stand, and others were more open-ended, Go to at least one free concert.
What a great summer we had! We didn’t do everything on the list. Some items we did more than once and in the case of another, we did a slightly different version. All-in-all, we had fun!
Without further ado, here’s our 2014 Sand Pail List. Some things are repeats and some items are new. Watch out summer, here we come!
· Stop for ice cream at the RS stand. – We’ve passed by this place a few times and it looks like a combination of corner store, ice cream stand, and bait supply shop.
· Try out a new winery.
· Go to at least one free concert – Last year we went to several, but the one we really wanted to see, a Janis Joplin cover band, got rained out twice. I’m counting on sunshine and blue skies on June 27th!
· Go to the County Fair and enter something into one of the competitions.
· Go for a hike in one of the county or state parks that we haven’t yet been to.
· Browse the local antique barn. - We've driven past it any number of times but have never stopped to look. Why not now?· Take a train ride.
· Go to a drive-in movie. - It's been years since we've gone to the theater to see a movie, it was the last Harry Potter one. It has been much, much longer since I've been to the drive-in - before we were married. Here's hoping there will be something good to see this summer.
· Brew our own beer.
· Make homemade ice cream.
What’s in your pail?