Tuesday, November 10, 2015

Wonder Doubled: Don’t Feed the Monkeys

We have a new post up at the USCCB website For Your Marriage.

I lived with my grandparents for a few years before I started grade school.  They were of Eastern European descent and were an endless source of ethnic food, culture, and insights which I retain to this day.  When I wasn’t immersed in Slavic culture, I was exposed to the influence of 1960s America via the television set resting on doilies in my grandmother’s living room.  I was particularly enamored with the colorfully cartoonish Batman show of that era.  I would pester my grandmother to let me know when my show came on.  This was especially important because I had once turned the television on by myself one afternoon, only to be confronted by the fanged visage of Barnabas Collins, a character on the Dark Shadows gothic soap-opera.  I relied on Grandma after that.

You can read the whole article here.

AMDG

No comments:

Post a Comment