Tuesday, November 17, 2015

Advent Prayer Buddies Anyone?

Yikes!  We're more than halfway through November and quickly approaching Thanksgiving and Advent. I've been pleasantly surprised, so far, that I haven't seen all that many Christmas commercials.  I'm sure that is all about to change soon.

But, before I start planning for Christmas, I want to start planning for Advent.  I have found putting time, thought and a bit of effort during these four weeks makes for a much more joyous and meaningful Christmas season. 

Last year a bunch of us returned to an old Catholic (IF) blogger tradition, Prayer Buddies.  During Advent, you can say prayers, novenas, and rosaries, light candles, and offer up suffering for your secret Prayer Buddy and whatever intentions he or she specifies.  On Christmas, or shortly thereafter, you will let your assigned person who you are and how you remembered them.

Those interested in participating, please email me at:
prayerbuddy@roadrunner.com
I will need from you is:
Your first name or first initial
Your blog address (or email address if you are not a blogger)
Your intentions
Optional:
Your full name
Your address
(Address can be provided if your Prayer Buddy plans to send you a small gift at Christmas)
DEADLINE FOR SIGN-UPS IS: Thursday, November 26th

AMDG

2 comments:

  1. Is it also for people without a blog and/or ex IF? Thanks

    ReplyDelete