Tuesday, June 9, 2015

The Company I Keep

They say you can tell a lot about a person by looking with whom they spend time.  I'm not sure what this says about me, but I've had some very lovely, but rather quiet friends around lately.

I've been weeding and planting the veggie garden and was surprised to find a beautiful lime green frog watching me.  The garden is about halfway between our stream and the neighbor's pond.  Perhaps he stopped to visit on his travels between?  

There have been a lot of toads in the garden, but that's to be expected.  This one was rather on the large size and was catching a few rays in the Saturday afternoon sunshine.  Hopefully he caught a few bugs, too!

Tonight the other neighbors' kitty, Baby Cat, didn't know whether to watch what I was doing or look for dinner in the stream.   I had more luck petting the toad than I did Baby Cat.  She's about as shy and skittish as they come. 
 
If you ever come by, it might look like I am talking to myself, but rest assured, I have company!
 
 
AMDG

3 comments:

  1. Wow! I would be thrilled to have a toad visit me in the garden. I only get ants and bees. That green on the frog is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've had lots of toads in my garden this year too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We have frogs in our yard and when I'm cutting the grass and I see one hopping out of my way, I stop and wait. I'd be afraid too if I was their size and a big machine with cutters was coming at me. I talk to the birds when I'm filling the feeder and they sit in the trees nearby watching me. I think it's funny!

    ReplyDelete