Saturday, February 4, 2012

Fool me once, Susan G. . .

. . .shame on you.  Fool me twice, shame on me!

Apparently, the Susan G Komen's regard for women's health can be bought.  It's all about the Benjamins, baby! 

If you gave them money after this week's earlier announcement of defunding Planned Parenthood, I suggest you request a refund.  It seems that adhering to their own by-laws occurs only when it is convenient.  As a result much whining by the media and many liberal, pro-death* folks, the money is flowing again.

If SGK truly cares about women's health, particularly in regards to breast cancer, shouldn't the truth matter? 

Personally, SGK has always come across a bit cult-ish to me.  It seemed like if you didn't buy into their fund raising movement with the ardent fervour deemed appropriate, you were made to feel like you wanted women to die of cancer.

I lost my mom to cancer.  No, it wasn't breast cancer, it was ovarian, but it was a cancer all the same.  It's awful.  It's scary.  It's life changing and life defining.  It brought us to our knees. 

No one who knew my mom wanted to see her go through this, let alone die of it.  But to confuse finding a cure for cancer with the taking of an innocent life was unconscionable.

It's a crazy, confused world we live in.  We have so much praying to do.

St Michael the archangel, defend us in battle!


* I can no longer refer to them as "pro-choice".  As much as we refer to ourselves as pro-life, that term always, always is modified by the media and liberal politician to "anti-choice".  So, I guess I'm just calling it like I see it.  And returning the favor.



AMDG

No comments:

Post a Comment