Monday, October 26, 2015

The Long Awaited and Much Anticipated Nancy Brown is Here!

If you have read this blog for any length of time, it comes as no surprise that I am an avid fan of GK Chesterton.  In addition to reading a number of his works, I have also had the opportunity to attend several of the conferences hosted by the American Chesterton Society. 
 
We had the pleasure of meeting, and also sharing a college dorm apartment, with Nancy Brown at the first conference we attended at Mount Saint Mary's University in Emmitsburg, Maryland.   At a later conference, Nancy gave one of the talks.  Her topic?  The woman behind the man - Frances Chesterton.  Although the couple lived a century earlier, I started to identify with them.  They, too, dealt with infertility and never had children. 
 
Nancy has written a number of books, but this is the one for which I have been waiting - The Woman Who Was Chesterton.  I've been looking forward to reading this for a while and my mailbox held a welcome surprise when I got home from work.   
 
I haven't started it yet, but my guess is that you, too, should have your own copy.  You can get it here, here, or here.  I'm in the middle of reading two other books.  I guess it's now three.
 

 AMDG

1 comment:

  1. I love books about the spouses of famous people. They give an entirely different perspective of the people we "know".

    ReplyDelete