Saturday, June 29, 2013

I’m Watching you!

When we put the new, expanded garden in last year I really wanted to put in a scarecrow. Just doing the basics of getting the new garden up and running took too much time. This year I got my wish, and, if I do say so myself, he came out pretty good.

Except for his hat, he was put together with things we had around the house and yard. The pole he is attached to as well as his “skeleton” are branches from a River Birch that we cut down after bugs munched all the leaves off.


His elbows are hinged allowing them to swing in the breeze and the hat is attached to his hand so it can go on and off his head as he/we see fit. He even has googly eyes!


The only thing he is missing is a name. Any suggestions?

PS.  It wouldn't have been a project without an injury.  I managed to slice my finger when cutting the cross bar for his shoulders.  Nothing bad, though, just enough to make it an official project!


AMDG

2 comments:

  1. His nose makes him look like Gonzo from Sesame Street. :-)
    How about Fred as another suggestion? He looks like a Fred.
    You did a great job!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. He does look like Gonzo!

    And probably b/c I'm a copy cat, but I like Fred too!

    ReplyDelete