Friday, March 2, 2012

Quick Takes (24)


-1-
Last weekend Himself and I picked out paint colors for our hallway/foyer and living room.  I’m so excited.  We’ve been in our house almost eight years and this is the first painting we’ve done.  The prior owners has similar tastes as us, so it wasn’t a big deal, but putting our own mark on things is going to be fun.

-2-
Just after we moved in, my aunt and uncle from out of town came for a visit.  She took one look at the curtains in the living room and pronounced them ugly and they had to go.  Eight years later, I’m getting a start on that.  Tomorrow I’m heading to the home decorating fabric store and will pour through the many, many books of fabric.  I know what I want, I just have to find it.

-3-
Well, we’ve decided we’re sick and tired of feeling sick and tired and are looking into our diet and finding ways to eat better.  Instead of boring you all here on this blog with those details, I’m going to do that here, my new writing effort.  

-4-
I am so looking forward to the time change next weekend.  More light in the evenings will be great.  As the weather starts to get warmer I’ll try to get out in the yard more and finish cleaning up the gardens and picking up fallen tree branches. 

-5-
I’m placing the order today for our parish’s Easter flowers.  I’ve still got a bit of sewing to do as well.  I’ve got a feeling the next few weeks of Lent are going to fly by.  I had better get started.

-6-
I’m at a loss for one more thing to write at the moment, so I’ll grace you with a gratuitous picture of the cutest-dog-in-the-whole-wide-world!

-7-
“The riddles of God are more satisfying than the solutions of man.”
GKC in Introduction to the Book of Job, 1907 
 
Check out more quick takes at Conversion Diary.

AMDG

1 comment:

  1. Time change next week??? Already? Good grief, I am so not prepared...

    ReplyDelete