Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Critical mass

Sometimes the mirror lies to me.  Photos have been known to tell me sweet, little nothings.  Even my clothes do.  But more and more, the truth is coming out.  My pants are snug.  Some don’t fit at all.  I've burst a button or two on blouses.  A double chin has been making a more frequent appearance in pictures.  But the scale doesn’t lie.  And I really don't like what I see.  Even more, I don't like how I feel.  I get out of breath easily.  My back and knees often ache.  I'm tired and feel like a slug.

Truth be told, I really should lose about eighty-five pounds.  Ouch!  That’s the size of a whole other person – a teenager or even a small adult. 

I’ve been inspired by this sweet lady’s success.  I need to make changes, and since I need to start sometime, I've decided there's no time like the present.  I want to make myself accountable, so I'm starting Weigh in Wednesday.  I’m not going to tell you what I weigh, but I will account for what I’ve gained, or God willing, lost.

Wish me luck!

1 comment:

  1. Good for you! I find going to Weight Watchers every week really helps with the reality check. I look forward to your progress!

    ReplyDelete