Friday, September 21, 2012

Life Amplified

A couple of weeks ago I starting writing a post on how, although I hate wishing my life away,  I was certainly glad August was over.  At the time it felt like a long, hot, and very trying and stressful month.  Of course, I never finished that post.

A friend was telling me about the stresses in his life at the moment.  He is getting ready to move across the country for a new job, trying to sell his house, pack up, find a new place to live, replace both his and his wife's old cars, and, oh, by the way, his three year has to have surgery next week.  When I remarked that I felt for him, and by comparison, our stressors were much smaller, he asked what was going on in our lives.

Truth be told, I had a hard time remembering what had me so overwhelmed.  I thought back on it and came up with August had been Life Amplified

Elderly parents and older cars tend to break down.  And both did.  Job changes happened.  Vacations got cancelled.  Crops ripen and have to be harvested, now.  And processed, now

All in all, it wasn't anything terribly unusual.  It just seemed to happen all at once.  I'm hoping that will only occur once in a blue moon!


AMDG

2 comments:

  1. Sept has been my stressful month..will be glad when it's over.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the way you described it "life amplified" - that is exactly what it feels like when life goes a little crazy for a while.

    Praying that your September is much calmer and a little more "turned down" than your August was!

    ReplyDelete