Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Just because you can?

This morning I was listening to one of my new coworkers tell another about the baseball game he went to last night.  It wasn't the greatest of games; they lost, as they are wont to do this season.  The highlight for him was the seats he sat in.  It wasn't that they had a great view, he didn't mention that.  The great part about the seats was that they were in the all-you-can-eat section.

He went on to list everything that he had eaten during the course of the game - a salad, fries, a couple of burgers, a hot dog, a slice of pizza, more than one brat, popcorn and nachos.  I'm sure I might have missed something in that list.  He was then complaining that he didn't feel well, his weight rose three pounds overnight, and his blood sugar shot up.  Really?  Who would have thought it!

Sometimes I wonder why we do what we do.  You know, the certain something you do that may feel okay for a moment but you know in the long run just isn't good for you.  I did that yesterday, too.  It was just one donut.  It tasted good for about 15 seconds.  After that it did what I knew it might, it made me queasy.  Was it worth it?  Nope.  But still I did it. 

We humans are crazy beings!

AMDG

3 comments:

  1. It's called regret and I know we all have done. I've eaten things before that I just craved and then later felt really guilty or sick. I guess we just have to keep learning the same lesson until we learn it. Right? Boy, that coworker ate alot...I couldn't have done that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lol that's pretty gross that he ate so much. But I know what you mean, it's a lack of willpower, and sometimes I just don't care!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How does one eat so much?! I suppose though if it were chocolate browies, I could go through a whole pan. :)

    ReplyDelete