Friday, January 25, 2013

It’s always something

I’ve been wanting to write something, I have a number of ideas floating through my mind.  But, lately, words seem to fail me.  I think it’s a combination of this wicked cold that has been hanging on now for several weeks and some intense thinking going on at work.    Not enough brain cells working to handle it all!

I’ve heard people say that, after the holidays, they are glad when things get back to normal.  I understand that.  After all the parties, rich food, and events that occur it is nice to get back in some sort of routine.  But, here, that just doesn’t seem to be happening. 

We had planned on going with Sis and BIL to court for Sara’s adoption finalization a week ago.  Instead, we sat at home nursing those darn colds that just wouldn’t go away. 

We had started taking down the Christmas decorations right after the Epiphany.  Much of it sat on tables and countertops waiting to be boxed up or was boxed up and waited to be put into the attic.  It finally made it to its destination early this week.  Alas, the Christmas china is still in the cupboard.  Guess that will be this weekend’s chore.

Both Sis and BIL had work obligations that kept them from home a couple of days this week.  Could we possibly watch Sara while they were gone?  Huh?  Do you have to ask???  What a joy it was to have her for those two days.  I can tell you, though, I am not used to having a baby in the house.  I am not really good at getting chores done and watching her at the same time.  And sleep?  Didn’t do much of that either.

So, in a babbling sort of way, what I’m trying to say is I’m not sure what getting back to normal is.  It just seems like it’s always something going on.

AMDG

2 comments:

  1. Our Christmas tree is still up - that was supposed to be today's project. Hm...we are leaving in an hour to go see The Sound of Music with my in-laws, I don't think it's gonna happen.

    So awesome you got to hang with Sara for a few days - and that her adoption is final! Yay!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hooray for Sara's adoption finalization! And for you watching her ... but certainly not for the lack of sleep. I miss that the most. :-/ I am 100% positive she makes up for it. :-)

    ReplyDelete