Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Who would I have been?

This blog was inspired by all the women I see who are dealing with the pain of being infertile.  It seems just as being Catholic, or a wife, a daughter, a friend, an employee, etc. defines us, our inability to conceive somehow does as well.

But while most of you are at the beginning or somewhere in the middle of this journey, I'm at the other end.  Being in my late 40s I know I am not going to get pregnant.  I'm not going to be a mom. 

I've said it before and I'll say it again, I okay with that.  Now.  I've come to terms with it and know it's not what God had planned for me.

But that doesn't mean I don't think about it.  Himself and I were talking about it the other day.  Had we had children, who would we be today?

I doubt we'd have our youthful good looks. ;-)  I'd probably would have a few, okay, a lot more gray hairs and Himself would probably have less, hair that is. 

Would I be gentle and patient like Michelle Duggar?  Or would I be loud and snappish like Kate Gossling?  How strict would I be?  How afraid of the world and the big scary things out there would I be?  Or would I be more appreciative of God's gifts and graces?

Makes me wonder.

3 comments:

  1. You're such an inspiration to me of taking whatever God gives you and going with it.

    Who would you be today? You ARE exactly who God created you to be today...that's who!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Exactly what PPIW said ... you are an INSPIRATION to all of us waiting. I'm praying for God to fill your life and lead you down beautiful paths you didn't expect.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh how grateful I am to you for sharing your life and your journey with us - even as much as I wish you had no story to tell us. I imagine that reading of our current pains has to take you back sometimes and yet your beautiful life gives me hope that no matter what the end of this road is, I will be OK.

    Thank-you for sharing with us and giving us all hope!

    (you have an award at my blog :))

    ReplyDelete