Friday, May 27, 2011

Quick Takes (7)


- 1-
I used to hate polyester clothing.  At least until I discovered that they finally make it cute and stylish.  And you don't have to iron it!

- 2 -
I used to be a morning person.  Then I got married and DH started working 2nd shift.  So I became an evening person.  Then I got a dog.  Guess what?  I'm a morning person again.

- 3 -
Does anyone use Goodreads?  I discovered something about it a couple weeks ago.  On the Explore page there's a place for give-aways.  New and no-so-new authors give away copies of their newly released books.  I've entered a bunch of the drawings and have won six books!  Like Mary Chapin Carpenter sings, "I'm Feeling Lucky."  Bought a lottery ticket last night.  Hope the luck keeps going.

- 4 -
We planted a new tree on Tuesday, between the raindrops.  It's a Parrotia Persica, or Persian Ironwood, tree.  So far it seems to be a sturdy little tree.  It withstood a pounding rainstorm last night that even included some hail.

- 5 -
So, into every life a little rain must fall.  Or in our case, a lot of rain.  But we were treated to a beautiful double rainbow last night.  Rianbows always seem to me like God's promise that it will get better.

- 6 -
Anyone else rooting against the Miami Heat?  I know it's petty, but I'd just rather not see LeBron get a championship his first year away from the Cavs.  It's kind of like rubbing salt in the wound.

- 7 -
"Fairy tales are more than true; not because they tell us that dragons exist, but because they tell us that dragons can be beaten."
— G.K. Chesterton


Don't forget to check out more Quick Takes at Conversion Diary.

Have a great weekend!

2 comments:

  1. Your last quote reminds me of one of my favorite quotes, which I heard from a storyteller friend in grad school: "All stories are true, and some of them actually happened."

    ReplyDelete