- 1-I used to hate polyester clothing. At least until I discovered that they finally make it cute and stylish. And you don't have to iron it!
- 2 -I used to be a morning person. Then I got married and DH started working 2nd shift. So I became an evening person. Then I got a dog. Guess what? I'm a morning person again.
- 3 -Does anyone use Goodreads? I discovered something about it a couple weeks ago. On the Explore page there's a place for give-aways. New and no-so-new authors give away copies of their newly released books. I've entered a bunch of the drawings and have won six books! Like Mary Chapin Carpenter sings, "I'm Feeling Lucky." Bought a lottery ticket last night. Hope the luck keeps going.
- 4 -We planted a new tree on Tuesday, between the raindrops. It's a Parrotia Persica, or Persian Ironwood, tree. So far it seems to be a sturdy little tree. It withstood a pounding rainstorm last night that even included some hail.
- 5 -So, into every life a little rain must fall. Or in our case, a lot of rain. But we were treated to a beautiful double rainbow last night. Rianbows always seem to me like God's promise that it will get better.
- 6 -Anyone else rooting against the Miami Heat? I know it's petty, but I'd just rather not see LeBron get a championship his first year away from the Cavs. It's kind of like rubbing salt in the wound.
- 7 -
"Fairy tales are more than true; not because they tell us that dragons exist, but because they tell us that dragons can be beaten."
— G.K. Chesterton
Don't forget to check out more Quick Takes at Conversion Diary.
Have a great weekend!