Saturday, March 12, 2011

A few of my favorite things

If Hollywood had to rely on people like us to make their money, they'd go out of business.  We hardly watch movies and go even less to the theater to see one.  I think the last show we went to was "Har.ry Pot.ter", and not this last one, the one before that.  And I almost never watch a movie more than once.  One, though, that I've seen many, many times is the "Sound of Music."  It has everything a good movie should - romance, intrigue, a life changing decision, betrayal, a daring escape, and music.  Good music.  I think "My Favorite Things" has to be my favorite out of the bunch. 


So in honor of it, here are a few of my favorite things. . .

* the smell of fresh cut grass

* listening to DH breathing next to me in bed

* watching hot air balloons float by



* a citus cosmo martini at my favorite Indian restaurant

* long walks on a cool, sunny autumn day

* the smell of hyacynth and lilacs in the spring

* puppies

* Deer in the back yard

* Hummingbirds drinking at the feeder


* "patio time" with hubby after work

* The smell of wet dog

* Picking out our Christmas tree each year

* Midnight Mass on Christmas

* Curling up under a blanket with a really good book and reading for hours


* Watching DH do his "Ansel Adams" impersonation.


What are your favorite things?

No comments:

Post a Comment