Friday, February 25, 2011

Quick Takes


- 1 -
This is my first attempt at Quick Takes.  I'm not sure I can come up with seven, but here it goes. (Is this cheating, putthing the disclaimer as #1?)

- 2 -
What a difference a week makes!  Last week DH and I were hiking in the park and today we're hunkered down in the midst of a major storm.

- 3 -
JBC and TCIE are once again organizing Prayer Buddies, this time for Lent.  Amazing things have come out of this the others times it has been done.  And what could be better than to pray specifically for someone!

- 4 -
In theory chocolate bread should be good.  It is not.

- 5 -
The last year or so I've been having problems sleeping.  Or, I should say, staying asleep.  I wake up in the middle of the night around 2am or so and can't go back to sleep.  The last time this happened I decided, at about 3am, to create my own 30 day challenge.  I'm trying, for 30 days, to do things that will improve my health and hopefully my sleeping.  When I started back to work I started drinking way too much coffee and stopping at Micky D's for breakfast too much.  So far, one week into it, so good.  No coffee and no breakfast stops!

- 6 -
I've been enjoying reading more lately.  I've been trying to read some "quality" books as well as the fiction ones I love.  GK Chesterton has been a favorite lately.  Even though much of what he wrote was done over 100 years ago, he is still so relevant today.  And if anyone should be a saint, it's him.  Give him a try.  He's not always an easy read, but most definitely worth the effort.

- 7 -
I read this quote on someone's blog earlier in the week and love it. 
"There are only two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle.
The other is as though everything is a miracle."   (Albert Einstein)

No comments:

Post a Comment