Saturday morning I started working on an ambo banner I wanted to hang at church that afternoon. I’ve had the material for weeks, if not months, but had put off the sewing. I’m great at setting self-imposed deadlines and missing them. I decided it wasn’t going to happen this time. So of course when I sat down to work, the bobbin winder malfunctioned and the machine itself stopped working. Yippee.
There have been many times when something similar would have happened and I would have let go a string of foul words or walked away from the project. I don’t know why this time was different, but I wasn’t going to let the devil taint something that was going to be displayed in church, in a holy place. Somehow I fixed the machine and continued on my sewing, merry way. And, as it usually happens, things have a way of working out for the better. While fixing the bobbin I found a different color of thread that looked much better than what I had started out with. Take that, devil!!!
I finally got a couple of good pictures of the finished banner hanging up. I'd either forget the camera or bring it and have dead batteries.