Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Not this time, devil! ** UPDATED **

Saturday morning I started working on an ambo banner I wanted to hang at church that afternoon.  I’ve had the material for weeks, if not months, but had put off the sewing.  I’m great at setting self-imposed deadlines and missing them.  I decided it wasn’t going to happen this time.  So of course when I sat down to work, the bobbin winder malfunctioned and the machine itself stopped working.  Yippee. 



There have been many times when something similar would have happened and I would have let go a string of foul words or walked away from the project.   I don’t know why this time was different, but I wasn’t going to let the devil taint something that was going to be displayed in church, in a holy place.  Somehow I fixed the machine and continued on my sewing, merry way.  And, as it usually happens, things have a way of working out for the better.  While fixing the bobbin I found a different color of thread that looked much better than what I had started out with.  Take that, devil!!!



**UPDATE **
I finally got a couple of good pictures of the finished banner hanging up.  I'd either forget the camera or bring it and have dead batteries.



No comments:

Post a Comment