Wednesday, November 8, 2017

WIP(#11) - All Done!

It may have taken eight months, but the Irish Chain quilt is finally completed!  This was a fun project and I am so glad the the FB group, Catholic in Stitches, suggested it.  I have sewn nearly a dozen quilts before this one, but I certainly learned a lot on this one.  I think it just may be my favorite!

When finishing quilts in the past, I had always overlapped the ends of the binding.  It is not the best way as the join tends to be a bit bulky and obvious. Pinterest to the rescue!  I found instructions here on how to properly join the binding.  What a difference that makes!  You cannot tell where the two ends meet.

I frequently have problems getting the corners on my quilts just right.  I found a great tutorial, again via Pinterest, that was extremely helpful.  Check it out here.   

On to the next project!

AMDG

5 comments:

  1. Wow!!! That is amazing and beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks amazing! I wish I knew how to quilt. I am still afraid of my sewing machine, lol. Nice job on this quilt, it is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. In awe of your skills! Love the pattern and colors.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry to bust into a random thread. (Pun intended.) I don't know if you got my email, but we're having folks over for the CF tree lighting the day after Thanksgiving. Any time after 5:00. Love to see you. Please let me know either way.

    ReplyDelete