- 1 -I knew it has been a while since I did one of these posts, but it was much longer than I remembered. Either time is going by too quickly, or my memory isn't what it used to be. I'm not sure which of those two options I would prefer.
- 2 -Once again, I was on the road for work this week. And, once again, I am so glad to be home. It was the third trip in as many months. I'm hoping it stops for a while. A long while.
- 3 -Aria in Las Vegas. That place is enormous. I spoke with a couple of women who had fit bits and one had 18,000 steps and the other was over 20,000 - in one day! The hotel/casino/conference center puts on an exceptionally well organized event. I was impressed by the people that work there.
On Monday, when I was walking back to my room during the afternoon break, several of the room cleaning staff were in the hallway, laughing. They looked like they enjoyed each others' company and jokes. One woman in particular, I do wish I could remember her name, had the most joyful smile and beautiful attitude about life. We chatted for a while both that day and before I left on Wednesday. What a great representative of the hotel was she!
- 4 -There was an expo in which vendors talked about their products and tried to generate new customers. And, they gave stuff away. It felt like trick-or-treating for adults. Mostly it was do-dads like pens, paper, candy, and small flashlights. But, there were a few really fun things. Mimosas at 10:30am? Yes, please! A bag silk screened to order? Thank you very much! And a very cute monkey? I'll definitely take one!
- 5 -Tuesday night's entertainment was a private concert by Train. I can't say that I was familiar with their music prior to this event, but they put on one heck of a show. I think I will soon be downloading some of their music.
- 6 -One of the nice things about my job is that I can work from home on occasion. And after getting home late Wednesday night, yesterday was one of those days. Mid-morning Himself brought me a nice treat. I should work from home more often!
- 7 -
“There are two ways of getting home; and one of them is to stay there.”
- The Everlasting Man by GK Chesterton
Have a great weekend!