Wednesday, October 8, 2014

The plus side of insomnia

I woke about 3:30am last night and just could not fall back to sleep.  I went into the other room and put the TV on.  Usually watching that will knock me out.  Not so this time.  I saw the end of an episode of Law & Order: SVU and then watched Antiques Roadshow on PBS.  Tell me, how do I find an ancient Chinese metal bell from 1500 B.C., pay only twelve dollars for it and then learn that it is worth of thousands and thousands of dollars?

When the news came on at 5am the meteorologists were all excited about the impending full lunar eclipse.  Huh?  I didn't know there was going to be one.

About twenty minutes later I glanced out the window and there it was in all its splendor.  I pulled on some clothes over my nightgown and woke up Himself.  We made some coffee and enjoyed the show.

And what a show it was!  The moon slowly disappeared and sky grew darker.  The stars were magnificent!  I don’t remember seeing Orion shine so brightly.  Some of the Seven Sisters were even visible to the naked eye.  I was also treated to a satellite heading south and a shooting star.



What a great way to wake up in the morning!  Yeah God!


AMDG

3 comments:

  1. I missed it...I wasn't going to get up to see it....but yes...if you were already up anyways...why not enjoy it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't get up to see it, so I really appreciate the pictures! I'm so glad you were able to find a silver lining in that cloud.

    ReplyDelete