Wednesday, September 17, 2014

Wonder Doubled: Seen and Unseen

We have a new post up at the USCCB website For Your Marriage.

Donna:
Jack Clive Staples, our wonder dog, let me know in no uncertain terms that his water bowl was empty. I took it to the sink and glanced out the kitchen window as it filled. I was surprised by a large red-tailed hawk sitting on the back of our garden bench. It looked like it was enjoying a day in the park. I called for Tim to come see. . . .



 









Tim:
The segment of the Appalachian Trail which passes through New Hampshire is particularly rugged. My backpacking partner and I were at the end of our week-long hike with dozens of miles behind us and a steep climb waiting ahead. I was taking a turn leading with my friend following a few hundred feet behind. Backpacking inevitably becomes a solitary experience regardless of the presence of companions. . . .

You can read the whole article here.


AMDG

2 comments:

  1. You both are marvelous writers and storytellers!! I am always waiting with baited breath as every post unfolds!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the appreciation of nature that you both share. My husband and I were first attracted to each other's love of birds. So many special moments can be shared together when we take the time to notice the little things outside our windows.

    ReplyDelete