Friday, December 17, 2010

What are we doing wrong?

In TCIE's post the other day she asked "What are we doing wrong? Why aren't our prayers heard?"  After reading everyone's else's responses, I thought mine came across as a bit trite.  I didn't mean it as that.  It is what I believe though. 

I'm a forty-something year old wife to my glorious husband of twelve plus years.  If I had my way, I would have also said I'm a mother of this great bunch of children who have their parents' good looks and their father's brains and their mother's love of crafts and small animals.  But, I guess God had other plans for me.  Sometimes I wonder what they are and other times it seems so crystal clear.  This I know: I am where I need to be at this moment.

We're not doing anything wrong.  We aren't being punished for some known or unknown transgression.  And God does hear our prayers.  Maybe we don't get an answer.  Maybe we do and don't like it.  I do know that if I didn't believe in God I'd probably be pretty nuts by now.  If there wasn't a bigger purpose to what we do with our time here, then shouldn't anything go? 

No comments:

Post a Comment