Wednesday, January 1, 2020

2020 Vision

They say hindsight is 20/20.  It is relatively easy to see what happened and how it went when looking back on events and actions.  I say relatively easy because it needs to be viewed objectively, not colored with regrets, idealism or wishful thinking.

In his homily this morning, Fr. Pat spoke of New Year's Day as a time that has a certain feeling.  On New Year's Eve we count down. Five, four, three, two, one. Happy New Year!  And then comes the "now what?"  It's a new year.  It leaves you wondering what is ahead.

What if what's in front of you could be 20/20?  How do you picture that?  I want my year, no my life, to be filled with gratitude and enough.

A good friend of ours, Socrates, is a theology teacher in a local Catholic high school.  He often reminds his students, when discussing or debating a topic, you need to define your terms.  I want to use this year to determine what both gratitude and enough look like for me.  And, once I figure that out, hopefully I can work on getting better at both.

What's your 2020 vision?


AMDG

1 comment:

  1. Happy New Year! I certainly need to work on gratitude in this new year as well. I bet when I realize I have enough, the gratitude will follow. :o)

    ReplyDelete