Sunday, April 30, 2017

Photo Blogging Challenge (April 2017) - Color


When I saw this month's theme, Color, I loved it immediately.  I knew right away what I wanted to shoot, all the spring flowers and plants.  But, when we got blasted earlier in the month, I wondered if there was going to be anything left.  Not to worry.  We had a lot of damage to trees and shrubs from the storm, but the plants made it through unscathed.

We have Narcissus in a couple of gardens.  These, in the grass garden, are still doing well.

The Redbud tree on the front lawn is the best it has ever been.  I think it has got to be my favorite of all the spring flowering trees.

These tulips survived the deer, who thought a couple other plants in this garden made a tasty meal. They were drooping in yesterday's long rain.

One of my WIPs this spring is re-landscaping the front of the house.  Our new Japanese Lace Leaf Maple was delivered on Friday.  Now it just needs to dry up so I can plant it.

Just after we moved into our house thirteen years ago, Mom gave Himself  a small clump of flowers from her garden that he liked, Myosotis.  What started out as a small plant only about two inches in diameter, has now spread all over the yard.  The garden where it was first planted glows in blue this time of year.  The common name of this plant, Forget-Me-Nots, is appropriate today.  This would have been Mom's 76th birthday.  

To see more, visit A 'lil Hoohaa

AMDG

9 comments:

  1. lovely colourful photos, Donna :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. All of your flowers are pretty, but oh my goodness, the Redbud tree! So gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice! Especially love the Forget-Me-Nots, and the story that goes with them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful photos!

    I also love the story that accompanied your forget me not photo.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Don't you just love spring for all its pops of fresh color. Our redbud tree was lovely this year as well. I gave us trying to grow tulips because of the deer. The story behind your Forget-Me-Nots is a wonderful reminder of your mom.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like the alternating colour of Spring throughout your five imagesYes Forget-Me-Nots soon take over the garden, this has happened in mine but I don't mind they're so pretty and they don't leave m uch room for other weeds. Nice pics.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such beautiful Spring-ness around you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such great colors for this month's theme! Nicely done! I need to get out and get some flower photos soon, too!

    ReplyDelete