Tuesday, March 28, 2017

For Granted or Gratitude?

Just after I got to work yesterday, I went into our break room to make a cup of tea.  When I came back to my office I found that an envelope and silk rose had been left on my desk. 
 
The envelope contained a thank you card signed by my coworker, Linda, and her daughter, Olivia.  The only note inside, written in marker, again said thank you.  For what, I wondered. 

When I asked Linda about it, she said it was "just because" and "for being you."  I've promised to teach Olivia how to sew and she was excited to share with me the flower she made out of fabric. 

“When it comes to life the critical thing is whether you take
things for granted or take them with gratitude.”
—G. K. Chesterton

Sometimes the best lessons we get in life are taught by ten year olds and long dead writers.  Don't take things, especially people, for granted.  Be thankful.  Let them know.  Pass it on.

I am really looking forward to those sewing lessons! 
  

AMDG

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful post! Gratitude is so rare these days..

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so sweet of your co-worker and her daughter! I am working on gratitude these last few years and having an attitude of gratitude has really made me change my perspective. Thank you for the reminder as I have been complaining more the last few days!

    ReplyDelete