Wednesday, June 1, 2016

First Photo: June 2016


It felt like we skipped Spring.  Most of May was cool and rainy and just a few weeks ago we had snow.  Well, it was only a few flurries, but it was cold.  This last week, however, it was in the mid and upper eighties.  Go figure.

Things are growing and green and beautiful and lush.  I've spent many hours weeding and mulching.  My back aches and my hands hurt and the poison ivy itches on my wrist.

And I love it all.  Summer is here.

"Let a man walk ten miles steadily on a hot summer’s day along a dusty English road, and he will soon discover why beer was invented."
- GK Chesterton

AMDG

1 comment:

  1. We had a cold May as well and poof...it is summer out. I love the longer days. Everything in my yard has grown so lush as well...and I just don't have the time to give anything the trim it needs. One of these days I'll find the time!

    ReplyDelete