Thursday, April 23, 2015

Sew What?

After a sewing drought, my machine is finally humming again.  I used to sew quite a bit but, until recently, haven't felt all that inspired to make anything. 

After finishing curtains for my niece's bedroom (of which, of course, I forgot to take pictures) I decided to try my hand at a dress for her.  I picked up the pattern for only a dollar at a great sale at JoAnn Fabrics.  The material was from a skirt that mom had started making for me at least twenty years ago, that, for whatever reason, never got finished.  I love black watch plaid, but the skirt was cut out in a size I haven't seen in many years.

I was really happy with how this dress came out.  It was a fairly simple pattern.  The plaids matched up nicely on the sides and the skirt has just the right amount of flounce.
 
Our model, however, was a bit temperamental and didn't want anything to do with the photo session!
 

AMDG

9 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is the perfect amount of flounce. I am impressed by two things when it comes to people who sew. 1. That you can sew. I have a hard enough time with a button. And 2. That you can pull out an unfinished sewing project from decades ago to make something both functional and adorable.
    Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a cute dress. Love the material AND the pattern.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree with Christine's comment..it is really a skill to be able to sew. The dress is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well done! I have been piling up some sewing projects myself... I want to refashion a few pairs of jeans and sew a fur vest. Thanks for inspiring me to get out the sewing machine and just DO IT.

    ReplyDelete