- 1-Ding dong the mulch is gone, the mulch is gone! Ding dong the wicked mulch is gone!
It took over two months to do, but we finally finished mulching the gardens. Yeah! Just in time to weed and deadhead. It never ends, does it?
- 2 -You know why it's gone? We're having company, of course. We definitely weren't motivated to get it done just for ourselves. Strange.
- 3 -We're having a big family picnic. I am so looking forward to it. There's a couple of people we haven't seen in a year or two and I can't wait to catch up with them. Time goes by way too quickly.
- 4 -Speaking of time going by quickly, I can't believe August is knocking on the door. Yelling actually. I'm enjoying summer and hate to see it go by so fast. It needs to slow down. Take time to smell the roses.
- 5 -We picked our first two tomatoes from the garden this week. Yum! That is the taste of summer to me.
- 6 -Truth in advertising?
- 7 -
“When we step into the family, by the act of being born, we do step into a world which is incalculable, into a world which has its own strange laws, into a world which could do without us, into a world we have not made. In other words, when we step into the family we step into a fairy-tale.”
– Heretics by GK Chesterton
Don't forget to check out more Quick Takes at Conversion Diary.
Have a great weekend!